We’re slowly starting to come to the end of the family of Eclipses in Cancer & Capricorn – and with the Eclipse Season starting with a Capricorn New Moon Solar Eclipse on 26 December 2019, we can gear up for continuing shifts when it comes to the idea of security – professional as well as personal.
Table of Contents
- 1 About the Capricorn New Moon Solar Eclipse
- 2 Energies affecting this New Moon Solar Eclipse
- 3 How to make the Most of the New Moon Solar Eclipse for each Sign
- 3.1 Aries and Aries Rising
- 3.2 Taurus and Taurus Rising
- 3.3 Gemini and Gemini Rising
- 3.4 Cancer and Cancer Rising
- 3.5 Leo and Leo Rising
- 3.6 Virgo and Virgo Rising
- 3.7 Libra and Libra Rising
- 3.8 Scorpio and Scorpio Rising
- 3.9 Sagittarius and Sagittarius Rising
- 3.10 Capricorn and Capricorn Rising
- 3.11 Aquarius and Aquarius Rising
- 3.12 Pisces and Pisces Rising
- 4 5 Tips for making the most of the New Moon Eclipse in Capricorn
- 5 Summary of the New Moon Eclipse in Capricorn
About the Capricorn New Moon Solar Eclipse
This Capricorn New Moon Solar Eclipse is a bit hairy, but it’s not a total disaster – Solar Eclipses are like super-charged new beginnings, and although Eclipses always ask us to release something, they also make way for something bigger and hopefully, better, to take its place. This is part of a series of Eclipses since early 2018, which begins to wrap up towards the middle of 2020. This is an ideal time to plant some intentions around what we wish to bring into creation over the first 6 months of 2020, particularly when it comes to our professional and material goals!
Energies affecting this New Moon Solar Eclipse
The ruler of this New Moon Solar Eclipse is Saturn in his “home” sign of Capricorn – Saturn has been in this sign for over 2 years now, inviting us all to take a look at structures that need to be rebuilt, on both a personal and global level. Having him so strong in this sign means that this Eclipse can perhaps work in our favour, and with Jupiter so close by, there is a sense of expansion when it comes to any new beginnings – but we will have to work very hard for it. Capricorn is a sign that demands blood, sweat and tears, and only through hard graft, will we be able to see our goals come to life.
The New Moon Solar Eclipse also casts a constructive trine to Uranus in fellow earth sign, Taurus – the prevalence of earth over this New Moon means that there’s a strong material focus – be it on our homes, money or jobs. We may now have to release something we have held onto for too long, so that we can make way for something new to take place until mid 2020. This is a time to plant those seeds and not resist the universe as it sweeps away old debris!
How to make the Most of the New Moon Solar Eclipse for each Sign
Aries and Aries Rising
This New Moon Eclipse wants to help you start again in your career, Aries. But, something has to be taken away so that you can make this fresh start. Try not to cling to anything outworn, and be prepared to work hard over the next several months!
Taurus and Taurus Rising
What’s on offer for you over the first half of 2020, Taurus, is the opportunity for some immense personal growth, whether it’s through travel, teaching, studying or any other expansive, growth-oriented experiences. It’ll have to be planned for on a structured way – though you’ll have to be prepared for surprises!
Gemini and Gemini Rising
This is an intense Eclipse for you, Gemini. It occurs in your 8th house of intense change, crisis, endings and transpiration – and also its related to any partnership. What do you need to let go of in order to allow sweeping change into your life? Something might be “eclipsed” from your life to clear the way.
Cancer and Cancer Rising
This New Moon Eclipse has a huge impact on your relationships over the next few months, Cancer. You may either ask your sweetheart to marry you (or be proposed to) or you could head for a split – it depends on how strong the relationship is.
Leo and Leo Rising
This Eclipse shows you where you’re going wrong in terms of your health and lifestyle, Leo, and what you need to release in terms of bad habits so that you can re-structure your day to day in a much more responsible way. Be open to change!
Virgo and Virgo Rising
For you, Virgo, this New Moon Eclipse relates to your passions, your children (if you have them) and your relationships. This could herald a new start for you in these areas, although there’ll be something you’ll have to sacrifice in return.
Libra and Libra Rising
If you’re thinking of picking up and starting over, Libra, the next few months is the perfect time to do it – your family, home and deepest values are being transformed, and they’ll demand a lot of hard work from you. This is the time to begin again!
Scorpio and Scorpio Rising
Your mind and how you’re communicating your ideas are at the forefront of this Eclipse, Scorpio – perhaps you’ll have a change of mindset, and there’s a good possibility for starting a business. Sibling or family relationships may take on a more serious tone over the next few months.
Sagittarius and Sagittarius Rising
It’s time to take stock of your resources, Sagittarius, and perhaps look at where you could invest your time, energy and money for the next 6 months. Make sure you’re taking enough responsibility and are prepared to work hard, as it will reap rewards!
Capricorn and Capricorn Rising
This is a powerful New moon for you. Capricorn, with all the planets in your own sign! Your whole life could change over the next few months – it just continues the saga you’ve been experiencing over the last 2 years – and you’re going from strength to strength.
Aquarius and Aquarius Rising
Tremendous psychological baggage can be shifted now, Aquarius, and there’s opportunity to clear out the mental debris – but it could feel pretty intense. Take some time out for yourself over this season to process the year past and the next few months.
Pisces and Pisces Rising
New and old friends may be Eclipsed into and out of your life – can you let go with grace, Pisces? The people you invite in now will be more aligned to your personal goals come 2020 – and whilst you will miss the old ones, you have to keep growing.
5 Tips for making the most of the New Moon Eclipse in Capricorn
1. Set professional goals for the next 6 months – even if you’re on holiday, this is the time that you want to set some professional goals for the next few months, and make room to allow them to come to life!
2. Rework your Finances – A New Moon Eclipse in Capricorn asks you to take financial responsibility – where could you tighten up, and what could you invest in for a better future?
3. Get into Nature for a break – Eclipses are notoriously tough and draining – take a moment to just get into nature and have a break – you’ll need the recharge!
4. Rest! – During an Eclipse, we can feel completely worn out and exhausted – and it is the end of the year, too! Try and rest as much as you can, get a lot of sleep, drink plenty of water and eat well to keep your energy up!
5. Be patient with yourself – Sometimes, Eclipses can bring in old wounds that need to be healed, particularly around worthiness, security and how much we have achieved. Give yourself a pat on the back, and be patient with yourself as you continue to climb!
Summary of the New Moon Eclipse in Capricorn
Eclipses are never easy, but they offer plenty of opportunity for personal growth. This Eclipse can bring in some good surprises because of the Uranus involvement, and whatever we structure now has potential to last a long time – the next 6 months are crucial to make our goals a reality! However, do take some time out to rest and recuperate, as Eclipses are exhausting, and can bring up a lot of fear and insecurity – nature is a healer over this Eclipse time, and will help you to recalibrate!