In this section you will find books about Astrology. Astrology is the study of the movements and relative positions of celestial bodies, in particular planets, and the interpretation of how these movements influence human affairs and the natural world.
The books in this section cover topics such as:
- The 12 signs of the zodiac, their history and mythological context;
- How an individual’s sun sign – the sign of the zodiac the sun occupied at the time of their birth – relates to their personality traits;
- Full astrological birth charts that plot the position of all the relevant celestial bodies at the exact time of a person’s birth, the meaning of the different elements, and what these might say about a person’s personality and future;
- Methods for calculating planetary positions using a variety of different methods, for example the Vimshottari Mahadasha (based on the planets) and Chara Dasha (based on the signs) systems;
- Horoscopes, understanding the influence of the current movement of celestial bodies on human affairs and the natural world;
- Scientific theory behind astrology and modern philosophical conversations about astrology.